What is ACT’s coaching process?
People mainly work with me for three reasons:
- My approach is 100% customized.
- My expertise is in helping people overcome their blocks to being their best.
- I work almost exclusively in financial services so I know your world well.
Because the approach is 100% customized, it is challenging to define the whole process. I can’t tell you what we will be doing in session 3, 4, etc. That is created as we work together. Here is what I can share about the process/logistics:
- In the first session we do a mutual interview to see if we feel comfortable working together. Since you have never seen me, that session is at no charge. In that meeting, we will define potential goals and blocks and determine frequency of our coaching sessions.
- Most of my clients work with me twice a month over the phone. Sessions last an average of 45 minutes.
- There is no long-term contract. Your commitment is monthly and you are free to stop at any time.
- If after a month you are not satisfied, I refund your money (hasn’t happened yet, but I’m open to it).
- Anything is fair game for our coaching. I have worked with clients on a range of issues from becoming a $2 million producer to conflict management to problems at home, etc.
The bottom line is that if you are looking for a practice management CONSULTANT who is going to walk you through HIS process, then I am not the right coach. I believe that my clients are creative, talented, and smart and I use a combination of the Socratic Method and my experience as a Business Psychologist to bring out their best.
What kind of professionals do you typically work with?
All kinds–from front line managers to the highest levels of a company, from home business owners to doctors and lawyers and in all the major industries, including: financial services, technology, manufacturing, publishing, airlines, consulting, hospitality, professional services, hospitals, oil, and many more.
Why do individuals and companies work with coaches?
There are a wide variety of reasons why individuals and companies work with coaches. One of our professional coaches can help you:
- Eliminate the blocks that keep your from demonstrating your best performance
- Clearly define your vision and develop a strategy to effectively achieve your goals
- Improve your leadership skills
- Live life with purpose, passion and integrity
- Maximize your strengths and abilities
- Learn to make more money with less effort
- Cope with conflict in a healthy and beneficial way
- Create a business that complements and enhances your quality of life
- Rapidly accelerate your career growth
- Achieve a dynamic balance between your personal and professional life
- Focus your energy in the right direction
- Feel confident of making the right decisions for themselves, their business and their family
- Create sustainable change in your life and work
How long do you usually work with people?
At the beginning of the coaching relationship we strongly encourage you to consider working with us for at least 3 months to experience the full benefits of coaching. However, the overwhelming majority of our clients find coaching so beneficial they work with us for an average of 6-8 months. We have some clients who have been working with us for more than two years.
Does coaching REALLY work?
Absolutely! Our current and former clients have accomplished some amazing things through coaching. While we cannot guarantee similar things will happen with you or your company, more and more research is coming out demonstrating the effectiveness of coaching.
A recent survey measured the Return on Investment (ROI) of 100 managers and executives of Fortune 1000 companies who received customized Executive Coaching. The survey found customized corporate coaching to return an average of six times the cost of the coaching program.
Among the specific benefits to companies that provide coaching to their managers and executives are improvements in:
- Leadership effectiveness
- Bottom-line profitability
- Organizational strength
- Top-line sales
- Retaining executives who receive coaching
- Cost reductions
- Quality of products and service
- Overall productivity
Among the benefits to managers and executives who receive coaching are improved:
- Leadership skills
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Working relationships with employees
- Job satisfaction
- Work and life balance
- Working relationships with peers
- Time management
- Organizational commitment
- Relationships with clients
A recent study cited in the prestigious Public Personnel Management Journal found a typical management training program increased the manager’s productivity by a respectable 22%, but when combined with 8 weeks of intensive Executive Coaching, the manager’s productivity exploded to more than 85%!
Coaching works, but it does take time, energy and a personal investment by the coachee.
There are a lot of coaching companies out there. What makes ACT so special?
There are many benefits of working with one of our coaches:
- We are one of the premier coaching and training firms in the United States.
- Most of our team members have advanced degrees in human development, business, leadership or psychology, along with nationally recognized coaching credentials.
- We have a nationwide network of business coaches, executive coaches, personal coaches and corporate trainers.
- We regularly work with executives and leaders from small start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
- We are totally committed to assisting you create the life and business you desire and deserve.
- We are fully committed to helping you and your leaders achieve peak performance, increase your profitability, regain your work-life balance, and improve your level of success and satisfaction.
Who are some of the people and companies you have worked with before?
We work with many professionals, managers, directors, executives, and business owners in multiple industries.
Some of our more well-known clients include: Abbott Laboratories, Accenture, Ameritech, Andersen, BP Amoco, Commonwealth Edison, Getronics, IBM, Lucent Technologies, Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo Advisors, Marriott, Motorola, Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance, Quaker Oats, Tellabs, Terminix, United Airlines, and Invesco Financials.
You can also check out our client comments.
Are there any guarantees for your coaching?
If you do not feel like the coaching is benefiting you in the first month, we will gladly refund all of your money. Our integrity and business philosophy stipulates that we only work with people who benefit from our services.