The Corporate Coach Program – November 2022
The Corporate Coach Program is:
- Specifically designed for coaches, consultants, managers, therapists, human resource professionals and trainers who want to coach within a business environment.
- A streamlined, advanced study program for people who have significant professional or business experience.
- When you complete our program, you can earn your own individual designation, the Certified Corporate Coach (CCC®).
- November 4-5, 2022
- Tampa, Florida
- Hosted by:
- Dr. Tim Ursiny, Ph.D., CBC, RCCTM, founder of Advantage Coaching & Training
- Zach Ursiny, CCC®
Who is the CCC® for?
- Minimum requirements:
- Seven years of professional or business experience
- Looking to improve business coaching or transitioning into business coaching full-time
- This course is appropriate for those who want to learn the philosophy and skill set used in business coaching. Coaches, human resource professionals, managers, therapists and trainers are common in the Corporate Coach Program.
- This course is NOT appropriate for those seeking to become ONLY personal coaches or who have not had experience either formally or informally coaching others.
Individuals interested should contact Zach Ursiny (email@example.com) or call our office at (630) 293-0210 to determine appropriateness as a class participant.
CCC® Designation Process
- Contact the program instructor and organizer, Zach Ursiny, by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or calling (630) 293-0210.
- Participate in a screening interview with the instructor. You will need to meet these minimum qualifications:
- May be transitioning into, or in the early years of, business coaching practice, either as an external or internal coach
- Must have at least seven years’ business/organizational experience (this means working experience in the for-profit, non-profit and/or government sectors)
- Complete a course registration form and remit full combined payment for the Corporate Coach Program to instructor before commencement of course.
- Successfully complete all the Corporate Coach Program requirements within six months of the course start date. These requirements include completing a minimum of 30 hours of corporate coaching of clients with a minimum of 3 different clients. Three of those clients must complete coaching evaluations which indicate the client’s perspective on the coaching experience.
- Submit completed work from Step 4 to the course instructor for review and approval.
- Once the instructor has determined that the participant has successfully completed the requirements, the instructor will email the final exam to the participant. Once the exam is completed and passed, the instructor notify the participant of successful completion.
- ACT will contact the participant about receiving the Certified Corporate Coach designation and certificate.
By the end of our program it is our goal that each participant will have:
- The experience of being coached by a professional corporate coach
- Several opportunities to practice coaching and being coached by others around professional issues
- The ability to apply key coaching skills such as: 10 Powerful Questions, self-management, metacommunication, and S.M.A.R.T. goal setting to a broad variety of corporate coaching experiences
- An enjoyable experience in a hands-on, practical workshop designed to maximize learning and the rapid application of concepts
- An understanding of how to market yourself to executives, corporations and organizations
- A clear understanding of the difference between consulting, coaching and counseling
- A level of comfort with the process of corporate coaching
- A demonstrated knowledge of the 5-step coaching process
- The skills to coach others using the DiSC® Personal Profile System®, and the Time Management assessment
- A proficiency to use story boarding techniques, the Career Projection© exercise, and the TruthTalk Thought Tracking System© in their coaching
Corporate Coach Program Overview
The Corporate Coach Program is designed to emphasize rapid application of practical principles, skills and techniques from the viewpoint of an executive coach.
There are six main components to the Corporate Coach Program:
- Overview of Corporate Coaching with a focus on the initial assessment
- Main topics: Introduction to classmates, definitions of coaching, coaching on life balance, and blocks to success
- Main coaching skills: Assessment and listening
- Tools: Life Balance Wheel, Work Balance Wheel, and the Blocks To Success List.
- Coaching Career Issues in the Corporate Setting
- Main topic: Career issues
- Main coaching skill: Asking powerful questions
- Tools: The Career Projection Exercise©.
- Dealing with Stress and Emotions in the Workplace
- Main topic: Self-induced and other forms of stress
- Main coaching skill: Self-management
- Tools: Stress Inventory and TruthTalk© Thought Tracking System
- Dealing with Differences in the Corporate Setting
- Main topic: Dealing with conflict and motivating individuals with different behavioral styles
- Main coaching skill: Understanding differences; motivating clients
- Tools: DiSC® Personal Profile System® and The Coach’s Handbook.
- Organization Skills and Practice Building Issues
- Main topic: Organizational strategies for unfocused clients; ways to build your coaching practice
- Main coaching skill: Goal-setting, accountability, and structuring
- Tools: Storyboarding and the 5-step model for structuring sessions
- Personalized Coaching You will receive three post-training coaching sessions while completing CCP requirements within a six-month period. These sessions will be with the class instructor and are meant to help you integrate the information learned from the classes into your own coaching practice.
In addition to the program we include assessment tools and a course manual covering the entire program.
- The DiSC® Personal Profile System® from John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The Time Management assessment from Advantage Coaching & Training
Corporate Coach Program Manual
- Material and handouts covered in the class
- Personal Balance Wheel
- Work Balance Wheel
- Career Projection Exercise©
- Coaching evaluation forms/Course reflection questions
What is the Corporate Coach Program?
The Corporate Coach Program was designed specifically for individuals who seek to augment their skills in the area of corporate coaching and who are prepared for a compressed study program.
What does the CCC® designation mean?
The Certified Corporate Coach (CCC®) designation is awarded by Advantage Coaching & Training for people who aim to develop the practice elements of business coaching. Suitable candidates for this level of training are:
- Senior managers wishing to engage with leadership coaching, those moving to a development role within their organization or to freelance work as a business coach, or
- Internal coaches developing their practices, or
- External consultants wishing to enhance their coaching offer.
Who is eligible to take the Corporate Coach Program?
Consultants, human resource professionals, therapists, coaches, and managers all pursue the Corporate Coach Program. The Corporate Coach Program is appropriate for any individual who has had significant business or professional experience. Minimum requirements are:
- Will use coaching skills in a business environment.
- Must have at least seven years of professional or business experience.
Why the Corporate Coach Program?
The Corporate Coach Program was designed to meet a specific need in the area of coaching skills training. The Corporate Coach Program is a:
- Compressed Advanced Course – Many coaching certification programs take up to two years to complete and are too rudimentary for those who have had significant training and experience.
- Business and Corporate Focused – Many coach training programs are overly broad or focused exclusively on personal coaching. The Corporate Coach Program is designed to teach skills that are directly applicable to the business and corporate environment.
About the Instructors
Timothy Ursiny, Ph.D., CBC, RCC™
Dr. Tim Ursiny, founder of Advantage Coaching & Training Inc., has been a speaker and certified business coach since 1997, specializing in mental, emotional and behavioral change. His areas of expertise include personal transformation, the psychology of succession and building proactive mindsets and habits. He received his undergraduate degree from Wheaton College and his doctorate in psychology from Northern Illinois University. He has extensive experience in the Financial Services industry, working repeatedly with such organizations as Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Wells Fargo, UBS and Invesco.
He has authored or co-authored fourteen books on the topics of coaching, conflict resolution, and confidence in the workplace. His book, The Coward’s Guide to Conflict is in its fourth printing and has been translated into six foreign languages.
Zach Ursiny, RCC™, CCC®
Zach Ursiny, CCC® brings a unique thought pattern and depth to his coaching process. Zach works with his clients to create an environment of creativity, challenge, and vulnerability, while implementing immediate and lasting change. Using real life experiences and stories, he focuses his coaching on high impact results by digging deep into goals, blocks, and paths to success. Zach’s clients benefit from his experience on a high-performing team as well as his strong background in psychology and coaching. Zach specializes in the psychology of results and relationships in the finance industry. His areas of expertise include: growing a business in today’s world, the dynamics of a top-performing team, and the psychology and process of succession planning. He holds a Certified Corporate Coach (CCC®) designation for his completion of the Corporate Coach Program.
Zach attended Wheaton College where he achieved a bachelor’s degree in psychology. He is currently working on his first book on the topic of team dynamics in the workplace.